A ground penetrating radar (GPR) survey is often the only geophysical technique compatible with cluttered urban conditions that prevent other techniques.
It has capacity to work through a wide variety of surface materials. From soft landscaping, through to hard surfaces such as tarmac and concrete both inside and outside buildings. This makes it an ideal technique for many archaeological applications. Ground Penetrating Radar is particularly adept at not only mapping buried structures, but approximating their depth. This provides an all-important extra level of detail.
GPR Survey works by pulsing electromagnetic waves into the ground and measuring the strength and time delay of the returning signal. This allows it to approximate the depth as well as the density of the buried horizon.
Typical locations range from gardens, courtyards, car parks and derelict land. As well as floors of churches, basements and graveyards. Structures can also be investigated normally using higher frequency antennas.
The successful detection and mapping of buried utilities involves the combination of several techniques, the results of which are synthesised down to a single interpreted plot. The techniques and methodologies used will primarily depend upon the required outcome for the survey, the site conditions and the type of pipes or cables being targeted.
Benefits of using GPR Survey
- Effective site investigation
- Non-intrusive and safer way of mapping
- Alleviates the need for digging and the disturbance of sensitive sites
- Advantages over other techniques
- Early detection of warning signs
- Quick, reliable diagnosis
Areas where we can use our Ground Penetrating Radar to take GPR Surveys: Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Blandford, Sherborne, Wimborne, Ferndown, Christchurch, Gillingham, Swanage, Weymouth, Poole, Bournemouth, Dorchester and surrounding areas.
Why choose us for GPR Survey ?
- Fast call-outs and we quote the same day.
- We use the latest technology in the field such as cctv drain cameras, trenchless digging technology and ground penetrating radars.
- We will work without causing disruption to your property and also fix anything if need be.
- Sherborne Utilities have all the accreditations and all our staff is qualified and work at the highest standards.
- We serve all of Dorset, Somerset, Devon & Wiltshire.